Perspective of the learner

So, now the course has had it's "take-off" and we are in the air. I have met parts of my PBL-group and our collaboration has begun 😃, really happy about that. I'm now trying to begin to unravel the mysteries of the ONL.

I have decided to try the student's perspective for my blog, or rather the learners perspective. With that I mean that learner is someone more active and responsible who is supported by a facilitator rather than a student with teachers who "runs the show".

As a learner I think about what is important to me in the start and I come up with three questions, a.k.a. my fears.

  • Is this really something for me? - have I understood the point of the course and is it worthwhile
  • What am I supposed to do? - what are the tasks in the course and will they be manageable
  • Who are the people I will work with? - are we going to collaborate well or more important will I like them and will they like me
So far so good, I feel good about the course, the tasks and my colleges, hope to meet the rest tomorrow.
I let you know a secret. The key to my feeling good is positive response in our second meeting.

This time I will not include references but the reedings about PBL has started me thinking....

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing a positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A smooth and welcoming course start makes all the difference. I hope we provide that. Good luck on the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start to the course Marie. Really enjoyed the perspective you brought in Topic 1, and the Padlet that resulted from it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Facilitating as a lifestyle...